|"Newlyn School of Art offers some of the best short courses in the UK; taught by some of the most exciting artists working in Cornwall".|
We are recruiting! We have two vacancies for a Studio Preparations Assistants to join our friendly team.
Art School Studio Preparations Assistant
Our amazing Studio Technicians do a fabulous ‘behind the scenes’ job. Our students rave about the second-to-none experience they have at Newlyn School of Art and our hard-working team of studio preparation technicians are a big part of what makes this possible.
The successful applicants will be dedicated and reliable, practical, adaptable, hard-working, and friendly. You must be able to work well as part of a team and have excellent communication skills and an eye for detail. You must be willing to work mainly evening shifts with some daytimes and some weekends with other members of your team. This is a manual job, clearing our teaching studio after courses and setting up for new courses, often within the same evening. You will be required to help fulfil our Covid-19 protocols. Your working schedule will be set by the Studio Co-Ordinator monthly.
We will enable the successful candidate to go through an extended period of working alongside our existing technician staff to learn the ropes and see how our systems work.
What you need to know…..
16 hours a week, up to around 3 days a week including some weekends, working hours will vary.
Annualised hours contract
£10.00 per hour
Own transport and clean driving licence essential.
DBS checks will be carried out.
Applications open on 06 May 2021 and close at 5pm on 17 May 2021. We are only able to contact those who have been successful. Successful candidates will be notified by email. Stage 1 interviews will be made on the phone call on 21 May and 2nd face-to-face interviews will take place at Newlyn School of Art on 28 May. The successful candidate will be required to provide references and evidence of the right to work in the UK.
Start: As soon as possible but notice periods for any current work commitments will be respected.
What will be expected of you…
• Equipping the studio for the students attending the school including preparation of all necessary materials and equipment to enable the course to run.
• Thorough cleaning of the studio and equipment between courses in a COVID safe way.
• Priming of boards and other supports for use by the students and preparation of other art materials to be used on the courses.
• Decanting paint, cleaning brushes and art equipment.
• Maintaining a good level of organisation at all times
• Use of our digital stock control system (training will be provided).
• Good communication skills, working well as a member of a Team.
• A good level of fitness as the job is very physical involving lots of lifting, carrying, and moving of equipment.
• Meeting and greeting of students and tutors as and when necessary.
Please send applications via Indeed HERE
E-newsletter sign up
Next Courses more ›
- THE REALIST LANDSCAPE
- TRESCO PAINTING HOLIDAY
- ABSTRACT LANDSCAPE
- SEA AND COAST
- OUTDOORS WITH ACRYLICS
- THE PORTRAIT
- EXPLORING COLOUR
- EXPRESSIVE LANDSCAPE
- DEFINING PRACTICE B - 1 YEAR COURSE
- DEFINING PRACTICE A - 1 YEAR COURSE
- DEFINING PRACTICE C - ONLINE COURSE
- ONE YEAR MENTORING WEEKENDS COURSE
- SEASCAPES AND LANDSCAPES
- PAINTING ESSENCE OF FORM